Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-11-2022, 12:50 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I'm confident that polling all GMs in the NBA which package they would prefer based on the package that was accepted and the package that was rumored to be on the table (Dragic+7.4M salary ballast which isn't just Birch+1st) the vast majority would have picked the TOR package.

See, I agree the 1st makes it a conversation (and maybe a short one). Maybe the 1st should just automatically make that the right choice. I think that is a valid POV. 

But, I'm surprised that you, of all people, don't see where I'm coming from with the point. This trade basically means that Cuban had a way to spend less money on the team, short term, and opted to ADD money next year. In fact, he has already done so by extending DFS. 

This means that they are NOT going for cap space anytime soon, which I know you hate. And, even if they do that in 23'-24', it would have been really easy for him to simply lower payroll in the meantime, rather than give the front office some contracts that can be moved (the old, pre-championship way of building) to try to get better sooner, rather than simply waiting for that summer to get here. THAT's what I've understood to be your main beef with that approach, no? The waiting?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-11-2022, 12:58 PM