Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-11-2022, 12:38 PM)SatnamSingh Wrote: If we're going to now argue that Davis Bertans and Spencer Dinwiddie on long term deals is better asset management than expiring contracts and a 1st round pick  (and something that Cuban deserves respect for), I guess I'll bow out of the discussion. 

That's not at all what I'm saying. 

There's a long history of discussion here about "plan powder" which is a name that I hate, and an approach to roster building that I thought was the dumbest possible way to go right after the championship year. Some were into it back then, some weren't. 

I hated it then, but have been one of its bigger supporters here since Luka arrived, basically trying to avoid the exact situation they find themselves in right now (thanks to the Porzingis extension). 

The thing is, it didn't work - last summer was their last chance (imo) to make it work. Luka's extension kicks in next season, as I'm sure you know. 

I was merely trying to express that Cuban's willingness to go into the tax with some bad deals (that can hopefully be moved at some point for better ones) might represent a positive change in philosophy compared to turning KP into expiring money that would literally just come off the books and not be usable until enough other money came off to create the amount of space needed to continue that approach that has failed. 

I think you can make an argument for that...IF he spends the money, in the meantime. If Brunson walks over a better financial offer than he can get here, then HELL YES, the expiring money would have been the way to go!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick, fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-11-2022, 12:52 PM