Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-11-2022, 12:11 PM)SatnamSingh Wrote: Bobby Marks starts laughing trying to describe Dinwiddie and Bertans.  Cuban really thinks Dinwiddie and Bertans is better than expirings and a 1st rd pick.  It's GM malpractice.

You might be right, that it's not better. But, fwiw, I'm starting to buy-in to the idea that this was all Nico, not Cuban. It's just a feeling I'm getting from taking everything in. Maybe that's just me being a sucker, idk. 

And to be honest, I'm kind of encouraged that they didn't go for the expiring deal, if it was really there. Cuban basically said he was going to pay the tax next season, which has me believing Brunson will be back, and that we're not about to be told "just wait until the summer of ____" again for a good, long while. 

After all, the expiring deals would ONLY have benefitted Cuban, right? I think money coming off the books is maybe the last thing we should want right now, as fans, from a certain perspective...IF they don't let Brunson walk this summer. 

If they let Brunson go because Dinwiddie and THJ are here under contract, I will instantly change my tune. My assumption (because it's what we're being told) is that the plan is to re-sign Brunson, even if it means paying tax. They've already re-signed DFS (woo!). From there it seems obvious to me that they're going to start shopping THJ, Dinwiddie (unless he's good here, which is possible), Bertans, etc, etc. 

I admit that the idea that they left a first on the table is a little disappointing, and I also admit that this piece of info (if true) points to the idea that Cuban is still the main architect behind it all.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick, fifteenth, MFFL, Tyler
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-11-2022, 12:38 PM