Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-11-2022, 06:38 AM)Borkhan Wrote: The bottom line is, that mavs exchanged one half-star injury prone player  for two non-star injury prone players. The downside is, that, when healthy, those two are playing much worse than healthy KP was; the fact that  mavs even gave a pick for this sour wine buying is an insult to common sense. It reminds me of an old joke of what is a bravery: to urinate through somebodys door lock and after that knock on this door and ask how long did it reach....

Tearing the band aid off.  The Mavs leadership clearly lost faith in KP ever being the player they thought he could be.

My issue, in addition to the players we received, was in theory a healthy KP gave me hope that we were not too far from the other top teams in the league.   Not quite there but close.  Now that he is gone, reality is we are not close to PHX, Memphis, Golden State, a healthy Clipper team.   And the route to get to that level is really murky now.  Maybe, they are right, and we never would have gotten to that level with KP.   But now that hope is gone and reality looks a lot more bleak to me on how we get to the level of those other teams.   It not just about the Mavs, it is how we compete against the leagues best.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Borkhan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by Chicagojk - 02-11-2022, 06:52 AM