Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
Man, I am really surprised we have so many folks making excuses for this trade.

Folks have been frustrated with THJ because all he does is shoot and his defense does not fit this team.  Bertrans is actually significantly worse defensively than THJ.  He has to be on fire from 3 to make up for that.  He has literally been worse than a replacement player (read G league) while on the court this year.  There was a suggestion that we added two playoff rotation players in the trade.  We are going to want no part of him being in the playoff rotation.

Dinwiddie fills the role that we wanted Dragic to fill, a 15 minute backup point guard.  That means no Dragic.  That also means unhappy Dinwiddie, who apparently alienated his teammates on the Wiz.  He is going to expect to be in the starting lineup.  I don't see how this ends well.

If I had to guess where this is headed in the offseason based on the wonderful moves made recently, we will send out our 22 first to dump Bertrans (who will likely show himself to be by unplayable in Kidd's defensive scheme and makes no sense with THJ), let Brunson walk as we now have his replacement (Dinwiddie) and stay under they tax.  The net is that we will have lost KP + Brunson + First for Dinwiddie, a player we all thought we could get for THJ a few hours ago.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by mvossman - 02-10-2022, 09:54 PM