Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 08:44 PM)Winter Wrote: I get that, but how far did we get in the bubble?

What kind of an argument is that when we say KP got hurt. Can we use that against Luka also then?

(02-10-2022, 09:01 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Porzingis has played 34 games this season - https://www.basketball-reference.com/pla...ikr01.html
Bertans has played 34 games this season - https://www.basketball-reference.com/pla...ada01.html
Dinwiddie has played 44 games this season - https://www.basketball-reference.com/pla...isp01.html

Wizards are 24-29 for 53 games.
Mavericks are 32-23 for 55 games.

Porzingis has missed 21 games.
Bertans has missed 19 games.
Dinwiddie has missed 10 games.

The two new hires aren't good and weren't playing good.

After taking my kid to her jazz concert and coming back and getting other kid to go see her and listening to a really good jazz concert with time to reflect here is where I stand.

KP wasn't going to play the scramble around defense that we are playing, and his injuries weren't helping...

Bad things.
1)  We traded for the SAME money and the SAME problems, but spread out over two players with ZERO replacement of defense.  Even the offense categories of Bertans and Dinwiddie together don't even replace KP's production...that's real sad.  Usually on trades like this you get a couple of players who at least together are more, or are on good contracts...we got the worst of both worlds.
2)  Dinwiddie pretty much means we don't need Dragic, so it makes me wonder if they know he's going elsewhere.  Two less than what they once were low defense, scoring guards that need the ball in their hands...no need for both.  Of the two, if I'm right, we are stuck paying way more money to the worse player.
3)  We will pay them for longer than we pay KP.  Dinwiddie is the same length as KP and Bertans is a year longer.
4)  As I watch the Clippers, Zubac and centers like that will kill us....we really needed to upgrade in the 5 department, not get worse.
5)  Bertans is in the same boat as KP, missed about the same amount of games, is shooting 9% below his career average...and has gone down ever since he signed that big contract two years ago.  He was completely out of the rotation in Washington and is currently injured.
6)  Dinwiddie is a shell of his former self, coming off a major surgery, and apparently is an abrasive, unliked presence in the locker room.
7)  We are looking at paying major tax next season with arguably a worse team, if nothing changes.
8)  There is basically NO rim protection on the team now.

Good things
1)  Two smaller contracts are easier to move than one big one.
2)  We do have a third secondary creator, but like I said, that may mean no Dragic, through no fault of the Mavs.
3)  Dinwiddie's contract is only partially guaranteed in the third year, NOT unguaranteed as Locked On Mavs reported.  He's owed 10 million of his 18 mill in the last year of his contract.  That means if someone wants to get off the like 20-22 million player, they can trade for Dinwiddie, cut him and only be on the hook for 10 million.
4)  The team won't have to get KP involved, and if there were chemistry issues behind the scenes, we got rid of that.
5)  Maybe coach can get something out of the guys.

Now it's time to move on....they are about to be in our jerseys and good or bad, they are ours.  KP is gone, so go with God and let's go Mavs.

Excellent and fair summary.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by hakeemfaan - 02-10-2022, 09:04 PM