Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 08:17 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: No I can´t help you, if you cannot understand that 16M of garbage is still garbage. What do you expect in return for this matchable salary?

Maybe its just a misunderstanding.

If you tell me that in 12 months we move Bertans + an unprotected 1st round pick for the expiring contract of Danilo Gallinari, than you are 100% spot on and we agree his contract was more easily match and moveable than Porzingis´ contract in this specific deal.

If you tell me further that in 12 months we move Dinwiddie + an unprotected 1st round pick for the contract of Evan Fournier, than you are 100% spot on again.

I will tell you that it would not have cost more assets to get rid of Porzingis in a Wall trade right now, but it would have cost Cuban a lot more money in the short-term i.e. 2022/2023 luxury tax bill.

Unless you were willing to just let KP expire not paying some kind of price wasn´t an option. With the trade they doubled the chances to recover some value (maybe one of them isn´t as bad as we think). They have more flexibility. More options when it comes to salary matches.
What confuses me is your knowledge about things that never happened. What if I tell you that the Rockets would have asked for a first as well?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by dirkfansince1998 - 02-10-2022, 08:23 PM