Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 07:40 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: No one overrated him here. C’mon man. Stop making up stuff to prop up your arguments. 

The current outrage is about making a move just for the heck of it, not getting better in any way short term or long term, not getting a pick back from a team that was even more desperate than the Mavs, and taking a step backwards than getting closer to contention in any way. 

Why be so quick to move on if you are not getting better in any way?  Hold on and punt to the next season. If a catastrophic injury is the worry there are injury exceptions.  

Now if it comes out tomorrow that he went and demanded a trade behind the scenes like he did with the Knicks, I can understand their rush to get him out. Even in that scenario the Knicks front office did a better job than the Mavs front office. 

But you can keep spinning the false nar

I mean look at the trade proposals. Was any of the proposed trades close to the actual return. Going by them it looks like people expected positive value in return. Recency bias is extremly strong on boards like this but I don´t think teams make decisions based on 20-30 game sample sizes. KP´s value did not change dramatically just because he had a better start to the season. That´s not a false narrative. That´s what I saw on this board. Basically every single day for the last few month.

I just don´t agree with your take that the Mavs took a step back. For that the team would have to be worse without KP.

I don´t think the Mavs were quick to move on. They wasted nearly three seasons hoping that KP could turn into the player they wanted him to be. In my opinion they should have made the move last season. Would have given them more options (over/under cap, create capspace).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by dirkfansince1998 - 02-10-2022, 07:52 PM