Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 06:55 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Question is if the Mavs were a better team when KP played. I already made my case plenty of times. I just don´t see it. At best him playing/not playing didn´t change the outcome. But in my opinion that´s not event he case. Mavs played better without KP. And it´s not like this is suprising. Just ask RC.
What are the options in a situation like this? Go the John Wall route and let him collect DNPs. Go the RC route. Let him play but limit his role/touches. Bench him and hope that he is willing to accept a lesser role. Or...trade him.

Let’s ask Luka also about RC then. It is not as if RC is infallible.  Plus I really don’t want to blame RC given all we learned after he left about the total dysfunction here. Who knows if RC was even implementing what he wanted or trying to appease Luka. 

We did lose recently to OKC and Orl with KP out.  So I would not agree with a blanket statement that this team is better off without him. 

The problem with KP is that he never merited the unicorn tag and he seemed to buy into it too. However this year I saw a lot more cuts from him to the basket and a lot better defense than last year. Look at his numbers before his injury. Yes you can point to losses but the numbers he was putting up are not happening without any talent. He was probably overpaid for a 3rd star but the problem is now we are back to one legit starting talent that most GMs will agree upon.  Our defense did not get any better with this trade and not much in terms of any immediate financial upside either.  

Yea KP had his flaws but he had his strengths too and in a league where the playoffs come down to top heavy talent , we took a step backwards today.  We now need to find a 2nd level star and a 3rd level star.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by hakeemfaan - 02-10-2022, 07:12 PM