Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 06:47 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I don’t know why we talk about fit. Bertans might fit well here and he is a very good shooter probably having a bad year. He might well get his touch back here. 

My problem is the narrative that KP was not a good fit here. If you want to bring up his reliability I agree completely. However, he also hd some very good games this season where he was carrying the team. We lost close games to Pnx with Luka out. Both seemed genuinely trying to play with each other and his defense was also much better this year.  

For those blaming him again let me point out we lost to Orl and OKC without him. It is not as if he was the cause of all or most ills on this team. 

If we met an elite team in the playoffs a healthy Luka and a healthy KP still gave us a shot.  To build a title team you need 3 very good players.  I agree that with his reliability issues you were sinking a lot of money into a Robin or even a 3rd star.  However what we have done now is get some good fitting pieces ( if they regain their forms) but we are nowhere near competing with any elite team.  If the silver lining we want to hang onto is SD expiring contract 2 years down will be easier to move, I am not sure if that merits this trade.

Question is if the Mavs were a better team when KP played. I already made my case plenty of times. I just don´t see it. At best him playing/not playing didn´t change the outcome. But in my opinion that´s not event he case. Mavs played better without KP. And it´s not like this is suprising. Just ask RC.
What are the options in a situation like this? Go the John Wall route and let him collect DNPs. Go the RC route. Let him play but limit his role/touches. Bench him and hope that he is willing to accept a lesser role. Or...trade him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by dirkfansince1998 - 02-10-2022, 06:55 PM