Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 04:57 PM)SatnamSingh Wrote: serious question:  have you watched Dinwiddie or Bertans play a single game this year?

You seem to be stuck on KP being undesirable without realizing we are getting two guys who are MORE undesirable in NBA circles.  Google any basketball podcast over the last six months.  Bertans is top  5 on every worst contracts list.

They are doing cartwheels in Washington right now and that's with low expectations for KP.

(02-10-2022, 05:11 PM)SatnamSingh Wrote: Trades are made based on asset values.  Based on everything I've read and listened to (and to be honest I follow the rest of the NBA more than the Mavs now since I dont have Bally but I do have NBA ticket), Bertans and Dinwiddie are more negative value than KP is.  Mavs should have gotten compensation.

Sure I think Bertans and Dinwiddie could be better here.  To me, that doesnt change that the Mavs still got shafted.

You dont trade the 7th pick in the draft for the 14th pick in the draft and turn around and say this guy we are drafting at 14th is more likely to help us than the guy we would have taken at 7th.  So see it all makes sense.  We're super smart.

KP only HAD asset value. It crumbled with his heath... and was only trending downward the less he played.

The problem was acquiring KP in the first place ...  that's where the Mavs made a bad decision and got shafted with a tough contract.  That happens in the NBA. I'm not saying the picture is all rosy now. I'm saying you have two players who will have some value to the Mavs actual basketball team assuming they play. 

This team may not be any better now. But we pretty much knew what the ceiling was with KP.... and that there was a possibility of a serious long-term injury that could potentially create greater problems and even less value.
[-] The following 7 users Like Winter's post:
  • AgGiE1991, F Gump, Fuerza1, Jmaciscool, Kammrath, michaeltex, WildArkieBoy
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by Winter - 02-10-2022, 05:28 PM