Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 05:04 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What I'm suggesting is that there wasn't a "decision" to made here, other than simply not trading KP. 

I think it was this deal or keep him, and I don't believe they thought keeping him was better than this deal. My point was to address this idea that there were better deals out there. I don't believe there were. 

I don't believe Toronto offered Dragic+filler+1st, for example. I think that's imaginary. 

YOU would've kept him. That's clear. I get it. 

They weren't going to do that, obviously.

I did not say there were better deals right now.  I said if this is the best then you hold on till the summer and try again. Why this rush?  Even if Luka and KP can’t stand each other and the Mavs were desperate they still have to have the awareness that the Wiz were desperate as well and had two inferior players on longer, albeit less money, than KP. If the Wiz were not budging a smart team would have held off.  To not get a pick back when taking lesser players on bad contracts is not good.  Plus that is the minimum that would have made this deal palatable to me.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by hakeemfaan - 02-10-2022, 05:12 PM