Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 04:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What two choices, to be clear...taking this deal or NOT trading KP?

Honestly if this was the best deal they could've gotten then you just have to wait. It seems like the Mavs tried doing this last season too and decided to wait too. 

On the one hand I 100% agree with you. The Mavs got off of a bad contract in KP. They ripped the band-aid off and have removed the obstacle that has plagued this team in building around Luka (whether it be fit or money) for the last 2 years. 

On the other hand they replaced that obstacle with 2 smaller but equally unpalatable obstacles and got nothing in return to make it easier to swallow.

I would 1000% be behind the trade if the Mavs just got 1 additional asset. Just 1 thing. A 1st, a 2nd, a prospect. I don't care. Anything. But they didn't and instead gave stuff up. Thats my issue.

I find it hard to believe that this was the best possible deal out there. If the Wizards could've gotten a 2nd for Harrell from CHA, then I'm sure the Mavs could've dumped Porzingis to Charlotte for a similar return.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 6 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DrMav, hakeemfaan, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, MFFL, mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by SleepingHero - 02-10-2022, 05:05 PM