Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 04:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Apply logic. 

What's more likely, that the Mavs are complete idiots, or that a more favorable deal than this one simply didn't exist? 

I honestly think that either A) KP's contract is so hated that a more traditional salary dump offer wasn't out there or B) for some reason, the Mavs didn't want his money to expire. They wanted to chop it up into (slightly) more movable pieces.

The fact that I'm honestly considering the two choices is enough to sow doubt that they POSSIBLY didn't choose a more favorable deal on the table. 

I don't think KP's contract was as hated as we're trying to rationalize. I really do think the Mavs (read Cuban) liked Dinwiddie and rehabbing Bertans versus trading KP for air and Dragic. KP for all of his positives just didn't play in enough games and the Mavs wanted to turn him into some guys that could contribute. It remains to be seen if Dinwiddie and Bertans can contribute to a playoff team. The fact we're unsure means it's a bad trade from the get-go no matter what. 

Still the Mavs sold as low as they possibly could have, which is just piss poor asset management. If you're giving up your supposed 2nd best player and eating a bad contract in the process, you have to get AT LEAST get something in return. Whether that be a first, a prospect like Kispert, Avdija, Rui, or even a freaking 2nd. 

The Mavs failed so hard at that. Which has been a common theme in EVERY TRADE they've made the last 4 years. The only constant is Cuban. He's a buffoon.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ItsGoTime, omahen, SatnamSingh
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by SleepingHero - 02-10-2022, 04:48 PM