Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 04:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I was surprised at first, too.

I think it should tell us something about how two, smaller bad contracts are preferred over one, huge one, even if the money is the same, overall. 

People are acting like the Mavs did a salary dump for WAS, and I get how they're looking at it that way (added a year of hell, potentially). But that pick signals to me that it was Dallas trying to dump KP, not the other way around. 

Can't say this enough: they just flat out wanted KP off the team. That was the biggest goal here.

I think we all hoped that changing up the FO, even with Cuban remaining the central figure would result in positive changes. Maybe the decision making will be proven to be improved, but this at least argues that negotiating skills remain poor.

In my fictional multiverse for this, the Mavs should have gotten a pick 950/1000 times, come out neutral 49/1000 times, and give up a pick 1/1000. Even if goal #2 of the season after winning a championship was getting rid of KP, this part of the deal remains ridiculous to me.
[-] The following 3 users Like DrMav's post:
  • hakeemfaan, omahen, SatnamSingh
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by DrMav - 02-10-2022, 04:43 PM