Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 04:14 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: You can’t hate KP so much that you overlook a terrible return or overlook how the other team was desperate to get rid of these players. 

If you are going to justify it by saying we got a better fit that’s fine. But at this point we gave up the more talented and younger player. Get a FRP or don’t budge. That’s all most are saying. Instead we not only did not get a pick but threw in a 2nd round pick too. You can sell me somewhat on the players. You can’t sell me at all on the asset mgmt part.  That is where I have the biggest problem.

I don't hate KP. He's just not what I thought he was.

His combination of not wanting to be considered a center, demanding how he thinks he should be played, getting frustrated over visibly not getting passes (the guy is all about HIMSELF), his lack of availability, his poor shooting, and that he has to be in optimal condition to do anything on defense ALL point to the fact the his contract is actually worse than having the two smaller bad contracts. 

Plus there is at least a little hope with the new guys. Kidd and Luka might rehab these guys a bit. These smaller contracts are more useful in subsequent deals. There wasn't much hope left with KP. He could go in and get his numbers but he didn't move the needle at all on making the team play better. The non-KP Mavs have played better than the KP Mavs. 

I cheered for ya, KP. But glad your gone.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 4 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Hogmelon, michaeltex, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by fifteenth - 02-10-2022, 04:25 PM