Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 04:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yep. As @"dirkfansince1998" said, this is all setting up this summer while not screwing with what the Mavs have going right now.

KP was literally a non-factor at this point and so all the momentum the Mavs have right now is preserved. AND they have a chance to integrate two guys who HAVE been effective in the last couple years. Then make decisions this summer.

I agree with all this but to me we won't know how to feel about this until the bolded.

If we keep DFS and Brunson and go into the tax while we continue to retool, then I'm happy we made this trade because KP cared too much about his offense and not enough about the Mavs offense and we look way smoother without him.

I get the arguments about losing rim protection but I wasn't super stoked about having KP on the floor for 4th quarters in the playoffs because other teams would be hunting him anyway and dragging him out to the three point line.  Bertans and Dimwiddie can easily get targeted as well but they won't be on the floor to close playoff games I would think.

This team was never going to be in a position to make a huge improvement until our 2023 pick was conveyed anyway so if we're able to retain the role players that this board seems to value and this makes it easier to retool the rest of the roster when that moment comes then this will all look way better in hindsight.
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • BoredAssistant, michaeltex
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 02-10-2022, 04:19 PM