Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 04:14 PM)Tyler Wrote: This isn't the deal I expected for KP, and I get why people hate it. But set aside the initial reaction, and I think there's something to learn here about the type of team Dallas wants to build.

Looking at the roster, there's definitely some clear archetypes developing:

Luka/Brunson -- offensive initiators
THJ/Dinwiddie -- bigger gunners
DFS/Bullock -- 3&D wings
Maxi/Bertans -- floor-spacing 4s
Powell/Chriss -- rim-rolling centers

I agree with the observations that Dallas is moving on from the "run plays for your frontcourt guy on the block" offense and committing to ball movement. Now how it works on defense is TBD, but it'll be interesting to see how the overall team adjusts to the new paradigm.

This is a nice breakdown. Dinwiddie in particular seems as a player that can move the ball and might be a great fit in the team, and run the second unit when Luka and Brunson take a rest. Only thing I have on him is watching highlights on youtube now. But the above strategy can really backfire if you meet a team in playoffs that dominate inside offensively that will destroy Powell. We would need KP or someone like that to counter that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by burekemde - 02-10-2022, 04:18 PM