Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 03:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think it's a big assumption to think they'd have to be expiring to move them. 

I think maybe we're underestimating how much a worse a bad MAX deal is than just a normal bad contract. 

I don't WANT to defend this trade - I hate it. Just trying to accurately understand it. 

I think the thing we're missing is that the Mavs REALLY WANTED TO BE RID OF PORZINGIS. Start from that point, and then assume this was the best package they could get, and it starts to make sense. Both Dinwiddie and Bertans WILL play in the playoff rotation, so technically they moved up from 7 guys to 8.
Yes, this is key!

I would also add that there will be no more sub-optimizing the offense just to keep KP happy with his touches and try to boost his value. (which I think was a secret mission for Kidd this year)

This also establishes, beyond all doubt, as if there were any questions, that this is LUKA's team. He is the alpha dog going forward. I just hopes he remembers this when eyeing the 2nd cheeseburger this summer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeltex's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - by michaeltex - 02-10-2022, 04:08 PM