Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 03:16 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Pinson or Burke.  I think the ties are strong.

Pinson is a two-way, no?
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:13 PM)Kammrath Wrote: My quick takes on the trade:

1) KP needed to go. This was apparent IMO for over a year. Getting off of him is the single greatest accomplishment here.

2) Bertans is a better player than KP IMO, especially for what Luka needs. I don't know why he hasn't been good this year. But in the previous 3 seasons Bertans was the better player IMO.

3) Both Dinwiddie and Bertans this year are shooting better from three than KP is shooting from three this year.

4) The contract sizes for Dinwiddie/Bertans are much better for futures trades. 

5) Dinwiddie has the potential for being a good value if he can find his game again from 2019-20.
I choose to be glass half full right now.  I liked KP but I understand he was not a max player and was injured too often.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hypermav's post:
  • fifteenth, Omega_Supreme
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:16 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Pinson or Burke.  I think the ties are strong.

Pinson is on a two-way. That doesn't work.

Burke...maybe, but I doubt it. 

I honestly think it will be Ntilikina, who has almost completely fallen out of the rotation.
Like Reply
What's the worst contract Toronto has?  I wouldve taken that + Dragic.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:15 PM)Dova Wrote: Would we cut Burke for Dragic?

Nah either Ntilikina or Green. The need to get older is also a long standing Mavs tradition.

I´ll keep you all updated on whether my stomach is Nostradamus or I just ate bad food, cause my gut started to hurt 30 minutes after my evening meal and 30 minutes before this trade came through.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
Hi silent reader from Germany here,

i have lost so many hours of sleep waching our mavs. I cant take no more. Getting rid of KP is okay. But fot two player who are worse and cost even more. Horribile.
It is so sad to see Cuban doing just shit. To hope for better results in the near futere is hopeless. The mavs have done one good trade in the last 10 years.
I am so frustrated. Its not that KP is gone but this shows how bad our FO (Cuban) is. We are pretty good this season, our center rotation ist Dwight Powell that´s it. Just Dwight Powell.
Im realy sad in side, but im done with mavs (atleast for near future)

I wish you all best, your great guys
[-] The following 3 users Like sidi's post:
  • Hypermav, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, SatnamSingh
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:16 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Just on talent alone KP is still the best player in this deal.

I would take Bertans over him and stated as much over a year ago when WAS interest in KP first leaked. I truly think if healthy, Bertans is the better player to put alongside Luka.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • fifteenth, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I would take Bertans over him and stated as much over a year ago when WAS interest in KP first leaked. I truly think if healthy, Bertans is the better player to put alongside Luka.

You know that Bertans was born with orange hair, cause he´s a human traffic cone, right?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:17 PM)cow Wrote: Pinson is a two-way, no?

Yeah, so Burke.  Which is fine with me.  I just think Luka will get him here.
Like Reply
I never thought I’d say this, but I miss the “we love our boys in blue” mantra…
[-] The following 2 users Like soog's post:
  • khaled1987, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Wait for the trade reviews.
Mavs gets an F (and they deserve it).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I would take Bertans over him and stated as much over a year ago when WAS interest in KP first leaked. I truly think if healthy, Bertans is the better player to put alongside Luka.

It does not matter what the status was a year ago.  We are talking about now and even if you believe Bertans fits better, you have to ask Wizards for a FRP and not budge.  They are desperate as well.  That’s the part the MBT continues to fail at. They always act as if the other team is doing a favor on us.  

Let’s look at Nico’s background as well. He was fortunate to work with players that Nike had already handpicked. I am not saying he didn’t do a good job there but it is different than playing high stakes poker with another GM. You need a bit of a shark in you. Donnie did not have that. So far it does not seem that Nico does either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply

Bertan's skillset is a sharpshooter and he's just under 32% from three for the year. He makes the rest of our bigs looks like Dennis Rodman on the glass and on defense.  There is no way we should have put a pick in this package.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • hakeemfaan, MFFL, omahen
Like Reply
I personally give Luka permission to eat whatever he wants for the rest of the season.
Blow back up to 270 if you want. The next couple seasons don't matter
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • hakeemfaan, haveitall
Like Reply
The worst trade in franchise history.  

KP was a defensive stud this year averaged 19ppg, almost 8rpg, and 1.7 blocks.

Dinwiddie is shooting .376 FG% , has a horrible contract and is basically worse than trey burke right now.
Bertans is shooting .351 FG%, has a horrible contract and is on par with Nico Melli and has played less games than KP.

Combined these guys are scoring 18PPG.  These are two of the worst contracts in the NBA.

FIRE Nico Harrison
[-] The following 4 users Like haveitall's post:
  • burekemde, Mavs2021, MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Bertans took tough shots in Washington.  I think if you put him in a role where he takes Kleber's looks off Luka's passes, he will be fine and hit a high percentage.  But he just doesn't do enough of other stuff to warrant his contract.   He is a bench piece and will remain a bad contract even if he hits shots.    Not a plus defender either.   

I actually like Bertans more than Dinwiddie though.  Really discouraging hearing that Mark has wanted him for a while.  Yuck.  

Just can't imagine we are going with our current front court down the stretch.  This year is a wash with that front court.
Like Reply
You know it's a Mavs (Cuban) trade when the initial reaction to reports is "there must be picks involved" and then 5 minutes later you find out there is a pick...and the Mavs are the ones giving it up.
[-] The following 7 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • burekemde, hakeemfaan, haveitall, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, MFFL, SatnamSingh
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:17 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I choose to be glass half full right now.  I liked KP but I understand he was not a max player and was injured too often.

I hated KP more here more than I hate this trade so I am finding the silver lining in that. 

The Mavs got two guys that fit better with what we need and better movable contracts. 

Hopefully THJ is next.
[-] The following 2 users Like Omega_Supreme's post:
  • fifteenth, Fuerza1
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:24 PM)Jym Wrote: I personally give Luka permission to eat whatever he wants for the rest of the season.
Blow back up to 270 if you want. The next couple seasons don't matter

I'm ordering double queso for all of my mavsforum friends.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:26 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: You know it's a Mavs (Cuban) trade when the initial reaction to reports is "there must be picks involved" and then 5 minutes later you find out there is a pick...and the Mavs are the ones giving it up.

Amazing
Like Reply