Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 03:04 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: This could be a chess move so I am cool with.

Cuban couldn´t even put the chess pieces on the right spots to start the game.

He´d take the chess board, throw it against the wall and say: We are not playing chess, we are playing checkers, get me the right board.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • MrGoat, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
The idea that maybe KP's injury is worse than initially reported makes sense.

What doesn't make sense:

Rumors of a team with 16 players rostered signing Dragic.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:09 PM)cow Wrote: The trade is a reflection of his health and impact on the team.  It has little to do with me "saying so" and more of you being careless with your assertations.

Gotta start the smear campaign ASAP now that he's no longer on our team.

Meanwhile Dinwiddie and Bertans were both hated by their teammates for being bums.
[-] The following 2 users Like SatnamSingh's post:
  • Mavs2021, MrGoat
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:09 PM)cow Wrote: The trade is a reflection of his health and impact on the team.  It has little to do with me "saying so" and more of you being careless with your assertations.

You have your thoughts, I have mine.  It's fine, I'm not trying to convince you otherwise.  Agree to disagree.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:07 PM)Kidnova Wrote: If you say so, but I think there was a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know, and this trade doesn't do anything to make me think otherwise.

I am tired of this “we don’t know what was happening “ excuse. The Mavs front office has been one of the worst the last decade in asset mgmt.  At some point we do know what is happening. 

I cannot even say the constant is Cuban. Donnie sucked too. Yes you can blame Cuban for hiring a person having no experience at running a team to replace Donnie.
[-] The following 3 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • Mavs2021, MrGoat, SatnamSingh
Like Reply
I think this means no Dragic. We are not contending anyway, so who cares.
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft, MrGoat, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:10 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: The idea that maybe KP's injury is worse than initially reported makes sense.

What doesn't make sense:

Rumors of a team with 16 players rostered signing Dragic.

They're releasing MBrown (ok). I think if they still want Dragic after this, they'll likely release Ntilikina (he won't have a chance to play now, anyway).
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:10 PM)Kidnova Wrote: You have your thoughts, I have mine.  It's fine, I'm not trying to convince you otherwise.  Agree to disagree.

Just calling out nonsense.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:11 PM)omahen Wrote: I think this means no Dragic.

You might be right. 

Tough to envision a role for him, and I don't know that he's into crypto, so...
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:11 PM)omahen Wrote: I think this means no Dragic. We are not contending anyway, so who cares.

Well unless you hate your countryman, why would you wish this upon him.
Like Reply
I'm still in shock.

If we're bringing in someone who seems like a Brunson replacement then why didn't we trade Brunson?  Are we expecting a sign and trade this offseason?

What the hell are we doing....
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
My quick takes on the trade:

1) KP needed to go. This was apparent IMO for over a year. Getting off of him is the single greatest accomplishment here.

2) Bertans is a better player than KP IMO, especially for what Luka needs. I don't know why he hasn't been good this year. But in the previous 3 seasons Bertans was the better player IMO.

3) Both Dinwiddie and Bertans this year are shooting better from three than KP is shooting from three this year.

4) The contract sizes for Dinwiddie/Bertans are much better for futures trades. 

5) Dinwiddie has the potential for being a good value if he can find his game again from 2019-20.
[-] The following 8 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • AgGiE1991, burekemde, fifteenth, Hypermav, michaeltex, ReunionMav, sterlingmallory, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
I think Dragic will come
Like Reply
I have to believe that:

• This is financially more flexible by breaking down KPs huge contract into two smaller ones.
  • More flexibility = more improvement possibilities
  • Recent success has key decision makers (including Luka?) feeling team success was not tied to KP success.
  • staff believe that there is some improvement possible with incoming players.
  • Welcome to the DAL Career Rehab Team?
We all know how Luka can lift a player's performance, maybe this will happen here as well. Otherwise I may have to resort to more day drinking.
[-] The following 2 users Like michaeltex's post:
  • AgGiE1991, fifteenth
Like Reply
And I though staying put was the worse option .....
[-] The following 1 user Likes aguiar95's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:14 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I think Dragic will come

Who's the next cut?
Like Reply
Would we cut Burke for Dragic?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dova's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:14 PM)cow Wrote: Who's the next cut?

Pinson or Burke.  I think the ties are strong.
Like Reply
Dragic makes no sense if they want to keep Dinwindie. My biggest fear right now is that the Mavs are preparing a cheap summer. Dinwindie replacing Brunson. Not cutting Burke.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SatnamSingh
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:13 PM)Kammrath Wrote: My quick takes on the trade:

1) KP needed to go. This was apparent IMO for over a year. Getting off of him is the single greatest accomplishment here.

2) Bertans is a better player than KP IMO, especially for what Luka needs. I don't know why he hasn't been good this year. But in the previous 3 seasons Bertans was the better player IMO.

3) Both Dinwiddie and Bertans this year are shooting better from three than KP is shooting from three this year.

4) The contract sizes for Dinwiddie/Bertans are much better for futures trades. 

5) Dinwiddie has the potential for being a good value if he can find his game again from 2019-20.

It is not just about that.  They are all on relatively bad contracts given their performance or injuries. Just on talent alone KP is still the best player in this deal. I am ok with the deal but get a FRP back. Wizards were more desperate than us. Not only did we not do that, we actually gave up a pick. 

Why this franchise continues to minimize the importance of picks is beyond my understanding.
Like Reply