Poll: Who do you think will win the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
87.50%
7 87.50%
Grizzlies
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 47: MEM (32-17) @ DAL (27-20)| 91-104 WIN!
(01-23-2022, 09:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I do not agree that that was the only reason he played well the last couple of seasons. I believe Carlisle and staff helped him improve, also.

If RC's staff helped him improve as a player, why does he still make largely the same mistakes he's always made as a player AND is less effective overall as soon as RC has left?

(01-23-2022, 09:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: While I share your assessment of how he has fit with the team this season, I do not agree that it is a foregone conclusion that he will always look this bad. It is certainly possible, but then again it is also possible that he’ll figure out how to fit in with this kidd system, given enough time.

I just don't see where THJ fits in this system if the reason he's largely fitting out is because of his poor decision making. I don't magically expect him to come around playing a role he doesn't necessarily like either. But who knows?

(01-23-2022, 09:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If they trade him, we will know that they don’t believe he’ll get there. If they don’t, then I think that will tell us a little bit about how they view him. He seems to be playing more minutes than Bullock recently, so that maybe should tell us a little something.

I think THJ playing more than Bullock right now is because they have to showcase him somehow. 

I'm not trying to make such sweeping conclusions but I seriously can't fathom how THJ will magically transform and fit what the Mavs need in year 9 of his career.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 47: MEM (32-16) @ DAL (26-20)| Mavs -2.5 Favorites - by SleepingHero - 01-23-2022, 09:58 PM