Poll: Who do you think will win the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
87.50%
7 87.50%
Grizzlies
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 47: MEM (32-17) @ DAL (27-20)| 91-104 WIN!
I'm a huge JJJ fan but how are you going to be so quiet with THJ as your primary defender.  Embarrassing.
Like Reply
The defense is insane. DFS sheeeesh.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
GOD KING
Like Reply
ALL HAIL THE GOD KING DORIAN FINNEY-SMITH!
Like Reply
Timmy throwing the ball away and missing a three leading to a 5 point swing. 

Is it too late to trade him ?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Thimothy just showing he doesn't belong. Guy has to go.
[-] The following 1 user Likes aguiar95's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
What a horrific last 2 minutes for THJ
Like Reply
JB also playing like garbage. No control.
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 09:25 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: JB also playing like garbage. No control.

Timmy's decision making rubbing off on JB
Like Reply
Big shot by Tim at the end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
What an amazing play by Green and finish by KP

Petition to give Green all of THJ's minutes
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
Luka with some defense! Great steel and finish. I think he's about to get roasted by his teammates for not dunking that one
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
Nice dunk Luka.  No Dirkie for you.
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 09:30 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Petition to give Green all of THJ's minutes

It has been a rough season for Hardaway, but I still think the best case scenario for this team is to somehow get him going like he was the last couple of years. No idea if that’s possible, but look at all of the improvements being made by everyone else. Who knows, something might click over the next couple weeks and he might look great again down the stretch.
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 09:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It has been a rough season for Hardaway, but I still think the best case scenario for this team is to somehow get him going like he was the last couple of years. No idea if that’s possible, but look at all of the improvements being made by everyone else. Who knows, something might click over the next couple weeks and he might look great again down the stretch.

I've been thinking about writing up a mini essay on THJ. I've been a proponent of moving off of him after his first full season with the Mavs and had egg on my face all through that second year. But what's occurring is basically what I was afraid of then.

I don't think its possible for THJ to return in any way to an efficient version of himself. He needs to be reigned in and his worst tendencies controlled. That works with RC as his system has that built in. But Kidd's entire philosophy goes against that. 

The THJ we're seeing is largely the same guy he was before Carlisle. Thus he hasn't really regressed. Further he's playing a 6th man role right now, which Timmy has said he doesn't prefer. Why I'm bringing this up is because Timmy is a rhythm player. Coming off the bench is probably exacerbating his rhythm issues. But his defense and lack of playmaking means starting him over Brunson or DFS is a death sentence. 

Thus Timmy has to go. There's no way around it. I agree we should find another scorer in the same mold of Timmy to replace him. The guy(s) I've had my eyes on are:
Hield
Gallinari
Rose
Ingles
Hart 
Danny Green

Some of these guys there's no way they trade them (Rose, Ingles), the others seem more available. Just hard to make a THJ trade make sense.
Like Reply
Sucks that Porzingis fouled out. I hope Powell has a lot left in the tank.
Like Reply
Beautiful floater by Green. More of that!

(01-23-2022, 09:46 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sucks that Porzingis fouled out. I hope Powell has a lot left in the tank.

He's still the MVP for me this game.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
@"SleepingHero"

I agree that Hardaway has resembled the player he was before Carlisle this year.

I agree that he looked better in Carlisle‘s system, partly because he was a fit for that system.

I do not agree that that was the only reason he played well the last couple of seasons. I believe Carlisle and staff helped him improve, also.

While I share your assessment of how he has fit with the team this season, I do not agree that it is a foregone conclusion that he will always look this bad. It is certainly possible, but then again it is also possible that he’ll figure out how to fit in with this kidd system, given enough time.

If they trade him, we will know that they don’t believe he’ll get there. If they don’t, then I think that will tell us a little bit about how they view him. He seems to be playing more minutes than Bullock recently, so that maybe should tell us a little something.
Like Reply
Dorian is the best.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
DFS with the sweet steal and a freaking bounce pass with spin while leading a fast break!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply