Poll: Who will win the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
42.86%
3 42.86%
Suns
57.14%
4 57.14%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 46: PHX (35-9) @ DAL (26-20) | 109-101 loss
Kleber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Brunson and Doncic combine for 13 tov. This wouldn´t be close but they gifted the Suns at least 10 easy points.

Powell gifting them another 2. To many mistakes.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Its incredible how many turnovers.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Good Lord Chris Paul is great.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Chris Paul plays perfectly the last 5 minutes. Luka isn't there yet.

LUKA!!
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Is KP coming back in? Or should Maxi bring us home?
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
Terrible transition D and poor ball management is dooming the team.
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 09:42 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Is KP coming back in? Or should Maxi bring us home?

Already played 30 minutes. I guess that´s it for him.

Edit. Never mind. Minute restriction apparently isn´t a thing today.
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 09:42 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Is KP coming back in? Or should Maxi bring us home?

I think he’s coming back, but I am not sure. He came back last night.
Like Reply
Thanks for the answer JKidd

Welp. Guess it didn't matter
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
Am I too old school? Because the fact that THJ bails out the defense instead of taking the open lane drives me crazy. And it's not even THJ, any time DFS or Luka or KP settle for a 3 instead of attacking it makes me pull my hair out.
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 09:45 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Am I too old school? Because the fact that THJ bails out the defense instead of taking the open lane drives me crazy. And it's not even THJ, any time DFS or Luka or KP settle for a 3 instead of attacking it makes me pull my hair out.

Well the problem is these guys can´t make an open 3 to save their lives. It´s all good shots. They are not even contested. Crowder made like 3 or 4 that were much tougher. Also somebody tell him Carlisle is not here anymore. He can relax. Also Payne is still a f*cking clown.
Like Reply
Well we know that this is going to be overturned because the refs never give the Mavs a favorable late game review.
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 09:45 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Am I too old school? Because the fact that THJ bails out the defense instead of taking the open lane drives me crazy. And it's not even THJ, any time DFS or Luka or KP settle for a 3 instead of attacking it makes me pull my hair out.

Feels like the defense is playing the drive and willing to give up the 3. Mavs would need to improve their shooting to get the inside game going. It´s really obvious when a Mavs player pump fakes. Defenders don´t care.
Like Reply
seeing the difference between a championship level team and a very good team.   Championship teams can win games without playing their best by winning the last 5 minutes.   Mavs aren't there yet.  

Sloppy too by the Mavs.  But playing back to back is hard.  Really competed hard, just too sloppy.  And PhX knows how to win games late.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
CP3 is on another level. Always in control and making the big plays when the team needs him.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft
Like Reply
There is a lot to nitpick, but ultimately I found this game encouraging. This was a tough draw on the second night of a back to back, and I honestly did not expect it to be in question during the last five minutes.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, LifeAquatic
Like Reply
Good loss...just nothing we can do about it, the Suns own us and will continue to do so for a long time. That roster is just a nightmare for the Mavs roster from every position.
Like Reply
Suns worn mavs down. Mavs D in Q4 droppped down. 
Good game, go mavs!
Like Reply
Mavs have improved their defense.   Next up is last 5 minutes of the game.   It has gotten a little better in this stretch but not championship level.   

Interesting that Hardaway has been closing games the last few games.  Not sure that is the best lineup.  But Maxi has struggled with shooting the last two games and so has Bullock (he also had trouble on defense today imo).   Getting that one more good player for that Hardaway spot is where I would look to upgrade.  

Mavs fought hard, PHX just do what they do.    Just really impressive they do this all the time.
Like Reply