Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Grizzlies
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 42: DAL (23-19) @ MEM (30-15) | 112-85 win
There should be no universe where Brunson plays better than Luka. What the F
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:14 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I’m not trying to contradict this, but I think the issue is that he’s simply not playing well in general right now.

That´s true. But when you don´t play well, what you do? You got to your trusted friend, the siganture move. That´s what superstar do. That´s why they are superstars. They have that move that nobody can stop.

If you subscribe to fat and slow, even that wouldn´t even be much of a problem, if they could decoy Luka as a spot up shooter, but he can´t shoot reliably. Dirk could be fat and 50 and teams would still respect him as an open spot up shooter. Luka is like a nobody off ball.

I feel ike teams will collapse the paint on Luka as the ball handler, and a combination of his bad shape, more lenient rules and better scouting really reduces his impact on the game this season.

In a weird way I feel like I´m watching his rookie season on a three year delay.

And here is the big shitty big starting 5 again. Probably be down 15 quickly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Ugh, Luka, come on man.
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:24 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: In a weird way I feel like I´m watching his rookie season on a three year delay.

Holy crap. Finally putting some words to something I have not been able to articulate. I have felt this way A LOT this season.
Like Reply
Luka dribbling off of his own leg is not a weight issue. I think it’s safe to say something is going on between the ears.

(01-14-2022, 11:26 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Holy crap. Finally putting some words to something I have not been able to articulate. I have felt this way A LOT this season.

Finally?

I’ve been screaming all season that asking him to do things out of his comfort zone is what is different about this season than the past seasons with Carlisle. I have even used the words “delayed sophomore slump.“

No one ever listens to me here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Mapka
Like Reply
There is some hope for Josh Green but damn...Desmond Bane has it all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:28 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: There is some hope for Josh Green but damn...Desmond Bane has it all.

Yeah, I am pretty convinced he was the target for the second pick, but good for Memphis knowing enough to trade up ahead of the Mavs to snag him.
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:27 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think it’s safe to say something is going on between the ears.
'

Is this the first time in his life (career) he has been a "failure" in relation to the expectations put upon him? That can be a huge psychological thing to handle, especially when it is new to you.
Like Reply
Five on four, and the Mavericks don’t even know enough to run to spots spaced out enough to create a transition look.
Like Reply
REALLY appreciated Luka's energy in the last minute or so. Felt like he was really running and working out there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:32 PM)Kammrath Wrote: '

Is this the first time in his life (career) he has been a "failure" in relation to the expectations put upon him? That can be a huge psychological thing to handle, especially when it is new to you.

Good point. Probably.
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:27 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Finally?

I’ve been screaming all season that asking him to do things out of his comfort zone is what is different about this season than the past seasons with Carlisle. I have even used the words “delayed sophomore slump.“

No one ever listens to me here.

He hasn't looked like a "sophomore"....he has looked like a rookie! Smile
Like Reply
Worst transition offense in the league? The Mavs are playing good defense. They are getting stops. Just cannot turn it into easy offense. That´s why I am so interested in a transition force like Simmons.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:32 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Is this the first time in his life (career) he has been a "failure" in relation to the expectations put upon him? That can be a huge psychological thing to handle, especially when it is new to you.

There’s that, probably. AND, I’d be pissed about the system change if I were he. Why would he be excite to go away from the thing that made him a 1st team All NBA player so early in his career?

There is no way he is excited about the entire offense not being built around him anymore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
Come on Luka. Really good minutes on both ends. No need to chuck up a contested 3.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply
GOOD CLOSEOUT BY LUKA TO THE CORNER
Like Reply
That´s what I want to see. Get the stop. Run in transition. Easy layup.
Like Reply
GREAT stretch by this unit!
Like Reply
DFS is the king of garbage points. And also a nice dunker.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Just looked and Luka has 14 pts, 9 ast (6 TO), 9 rbd....he sure stuffs the stat sheet even when playing sub-par.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply