Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Grizzlies
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 42: DAL (23-19) @ MEM (30-15) | 112-85 win
This team just cannot shoot. It´s broken. Maybe beyond repair. I am not sure what they can do but something needs to change. Bring in a new shooting coach, player development staff. Bring in a new psychologist.
Like Reply
Like the effort from JB to at least try to get that loose ball. Need some urgency like that.
Like Reply
Brunsons needs to be aware of the shot clock. He cannot reset the offense with 5s left on the clock and give the ball to DFS. Forcing him into an difficult midrange attempt.
Like Reply
Playing zone right now?? 

Why??

They’re defending pretty hard, with varied success. I can’t believe how far this offense has fallen in just a year.
Like Reply
Well at least they got the lead....briefly.
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 10:51 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: This team just cannot shoot. It´s broken. Maybe beyond repair. I am not sure what they can do but something needs to change. Bring in a new shooting coach, player development staff. Bring in a new psychologist.

This is THE great mystery of this season.
Like Reply
Good for Kleber. Don’t back down.
Like Reply
Brunson just passed on the TWO best shot opportunities during that possession.
Like Reply
Feels lucky the Mavs are this close at half.
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Feels lucky the Mavs are this close at half.

Very.
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:04 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Brunson just passed on the TWO best shot opportunities during that possession.

He is an anomaly to me....sometimes I am like "stop shot hunting JB!"....other times I am like "be more aggressive, take the shot!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Only down 5 at the half. Been keeping Ja and Bane pretty much in check. They've got a shot if they make shots, and don't turn the ball over.
Like Reply
Luka needs a signature shot. There is not a move, where I think it´s automatically going in. He´s not making wide open threes either.
Like Reply
Luka is averaging 4.8 TOs per game this season (career worst) and has 5 TOs already at half. 

Thoughts on this from others? 

Is this a result of defenses learning his tendencies and practicing how to rotate? Is this a scheme thing? Is this just carelessness on Luka's part?

I think at least part of it is that he is making riskier passes as he is often in more compromising situations because he is a step or two slow.
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:11 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Luka needs a signature shot. There is not a move, where I think it´s automatically going in. He´s not making wide open threes either.

His 3 pt shot has fell off big time.
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:11 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Luka needs a signature shot. There is not a move, where I think it´s automatically going in. He´s not making wide open threes either.

I’m not trying to contradict this, but I think the issue is that he’s simply not playing well in general right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 10:50 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I think he is a good defender. Not elite. But consistently good, someone you can count on to not be a negative on that end. *shrug*

60th percentile defender. Maybe a little higher. Certainly not above 65th percentile.
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:14 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Luka is averaging 4.8 TOs per game this season (career worst) and has 5 TOs already at half. 

Is this a result of defenses learning his tendencies and practicing how to rotate? Is this a scheme thing? Is this just carelessness on Luka's part?

I think at least part of it is that he is making riskier passes as he is often in more compromising situations because he is a step or two slow.

I think he is not the type of PG Kidd is trying to make him into, at least not yet. 

And, I think he’s confused and discombobulated out there in way we didn’t see much from him in the first few seasons.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:14 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Luka is averaging 4.8 TOs per game this season (career worst) and has 5 TOs already at half. 

Combination of all of it. Feels like he is getting stripped more often this year. Also feels like his teammates are fumbling a lot of passes. Also seeing some miscommunication where Luka expects players to be in certain spots (that might have been occupied in RCs offense) but they already cut to the rim or rotated on the perimeter.

Would love to see a PFF like tracker of turnovers that actually adjusts for teammates mistakes.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply

All of the above. Also, hobbled by the ankle injury and unable to rehearse (walk through) the offence, which is necessarily because of roster rotation, covid etc.
Like Reply