Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
88.89%
8 88.89%
Blazers
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 33: DAL (16-17) @ POR (13-20) | 132-117 win
Did Moses switch mentors from Tyson to Dampier?  Big Grin 

He had a disappointing run during the replacement killers era.

Green needs 20 MPG and they have to come from THJ/Bullock. Just trade them already.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
Not going to get my hopes up that Green can be that guy but but it'd certainly be nice to have a athletic, skilled passing, defensive minded SG to pair with Luka
Like Reply
(12-28-2021, 12:35 AM)Jym Wrote: Not going to get my hopes up that Green can be that guy but but it'd certainly be nice to have a athletic, skilled passing, defensive minded SG to pair with Luka

I won't get too hyped up about a performance against a Portland team that was pretty broken even before they got short handed. But if Josh Green can find a shot he may very well have a long future here after all
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Fun game.   Time will tell if this has legs, but need to give Kidd and the team credit for treading water without their best player and a lot of regulars.    All the games they lost were close to...and mostly against good teams.  

That Portland team looks like a lost cause.   I know they are missing people, but short term and long term it doesn't look like a good situation.    The Lilliard Portland era looks like it is going to end soon.  Question is, will they let Dame pick his preferred destination?

The Portland defense was brutal, but give the Mavs credit.  Almost everyone looked good.  Green is so much better when the pace is fast and the ball is moving.  Having him go sit in the corner is a waste of his game.  I hope he earns minutes.  The more free he plays, the more things we will continue to see.   

Love the passing.  KP started it and everyone ran with it all night.   Teams are so much more difficult to defend when everyone is sharing the ball.  

I have been pretty impressed with a lot of these 10 day guys around the league.   They are all very good, but for different reasons have not been in the NBA.  Staying in the NBA is tough.  But a lot of these guys are taking advantage of these chances.  Most will be back in the G-league soon,  but they are fighting for a spot.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, Kammrath
Like Reply
(12-28-2021, 09:07 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Fun game.   Time will tell if this has legs, but need to give Kidd and the team credit for treading water without their best player and a lot of regulars.    All the games they lost were close to...and mostly against good teams.  

That Portland team looks like a lost cause.   I know they are missing people, but short term and long term it doesn't look like a good situation.    The Lilliard Portland era looks like it is going to end soon.  Question is, will they let Dame pick his preferred destination?

The Portland defense was brutal, but give the Mavs credit.  Almost everyone looked good.  Green is so much better when the pace is fast and the ball is moving.  Having him go sit in the corner is a waste of his game.  I hope he earns minutes.  The more free he plays, the more things we will continue to see.   

Love the passing.  KP started it and everyone ran with it all night.   Teams are so much more difficult to defend when everyone is sharing the ball.  

I have been pretty impressed with a lot of these 10 day guys around the league.   They are all very good, but for different reasons have not been in the NBA.  Staying in the NBA is tough.  But a lot of these guys are taking advantage of these chances.  Most will be back in the G-league soon,  but they are fighting for a spot.

Yeah I don't care how bad POR is....the Mavs played the RIGHT way to get that win and POR still has guys fighting for NBA jobs and careers on their side of the ball. Very encouraging game.
Like Reply
Tim Cato had a pretty interesting article this morning  ho the new look Mavericks are more interesting then the old ones.    

This stuck out to me....also some Green tidbits and some comments how limited Bullock, THJ and Maxi are.

But as far as the below goes.   Knight was good last night but I wasn't expecting this.  

5. It doesn’t feel urgent to speculate about the roster and which replacement players might be playing their way into a spot after Pinson and Chriss barely featured in Monday’s rotation. I’ll say this: Dallas has baggage on its roster with no obvious path forward. I guarantee you the front office is searching for creative ways to offload Trey Burke, whose spot I would imagine it’d love to replace with Knight. (Kidd praised Knight’s presence and talkative nature in the locker room, saying, “If you listen to that locker room earlier in the year, it was very quiet.”) If the Mavericks still believe Goran Dragic is coming here — if they even want him, which I think they probably should — they have to drop someone regardless.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, Fuerza1, luka_skywalker_77
Like Reply
(12-28-2021, 09:36 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Kidd praised Knight’s presence and talkative nature in the locker room, saying, “If you listen to that locker room earlier in the year, it was very quiet.”

Yep, the great player leadership vacuum we have been talking about for year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(12-28-2021, 11:00 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Yep, the great player leadership vacuum we have been talking about for year.

Disappointing considering the amount of money we are spending on Boban/Powell.
Like Reply
Does THJ still give great hugs, cause that lockerroom presence (along with his shot) seems to be lost with the new payday.
Like Reply
(12-28-2021, 12:48 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Does THJ still give great hugs, cause that lockerroom presence (along with his shot) seems to be lost with the new payday.

Great teammate doesn't mean a great leader which we've always considered THJ the prior but not the latter.  Maybe that's true for Boban too but that means his contract is even worse.  Powell was supposed to be the torch bearer for Dirk though.
Like Reply