Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs sign Brandon Knight
What the heck is going on.   Does this mean two additional guys are out with Jones and Knight signing?

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1473715358108463114
Like Reply
(12-22-2021, 01:03 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: What the heck is going on.   Does this mean two additional guys are out with Jones and Knight signing?

To be honest, I kind of hope Mavs can get through this very quickly, even if whole team is out for a week. Looks like Omicron is spreading extremely quickly and likely no one will escape.
Like Reply
That's a name from the past. How many guys are out now?
Like Reply
It´s just good that all the replacement players are immune to Omicron. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • ClutchDirk, fifteenth
Like Reply
"Maybe Jeff Teague, Brandon Knight, Quinn Cook or even Yogi Ferrell in the first category. Mason Jones in the second category."

Nico starting to listen.
Like Reply
That Brandon Knight?
Like Reply
Mavs are adding guards. Who else is out? Brunson, Burke, Frank?
Like Reply
The good thing about all of this, if we can take a moment for a bright side.

One, if you are watching Africa and their trend with COVID and deaths, where Omicron was first reported...death is rare with Omicron.  It is highly contagious which you see in the trends from Africa, with the cases just shooting up higher than originally with COVID last year, but what you don't see is any increase in the deaths...it's basically flatlined to this point.  We still need a couple more weeks to see it, because death reports usually lag, but not as much as it has been, so it is something.  So, early indications from the data say this variant isn't some killer like the media has been salivating to make it out to be...and that's why you are seeing the NBA not pausing.  It's more like a contagious sickness, rather than a life threatening thing.  The truth is that I would venture to guess that there really isn't big symptoms with the players in quarantine, and I don't expect any major long recovery like we had last year.

Two, once they have tested positive and are clear, even exposure to a positive COVID case doesn't require quarantine unless the person develops symptoms, and with the latest studies, reinfection is extremely rare...so I say that to say, once these players are out of quarantine, there wont' be a chance of going back to quarantine until at least March...
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(12-22-2021, 01:40 PM)cow Wrote: That Brandon Knight?

THE Brandon Knight

[Image: giphy.gif]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • cow, HoosierDaddyKid, Kammrath
Like Reply
(12-22-2021, 02:33 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: THE Brandon Knight

[Image: 7uha.gif]
Like Reply
(12-22-2021, 02:33 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: THE Brandon Knight

YESSSSS! My favorite dunk of all time!!!
Like Reply
[Image: hesheatingup.gif]

[Image: coffin.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
Jason Kidd remembers...

[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-22-2021, 02:48 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Jason Kidd remembers...

"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply