Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: DAL signs Marquese Chriss (6'9", 7'0.25" WS) to two year deal
(12-25-2021, 04:51 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I've thinking about that tryout since reading the news.  I see a few options...

1.  Cut either Willie or Moses?  

2.  Or, a 2 for 1 (or 3 for 2) trade where a big is outgoing (again, probably Willie or Moses). 

Moses is only $500k guaranteed this year and he's earned that by now.  So, no real financial issue if the receiving team cuts him.  He's also the kind of guy a fan base can talk themselves into believing that...maybe...some day...he might turn into something.  

Willie can be cut by the receiving team and isn't owed anything in 2022 either.  His attraction is his $4.1mm salary can bring back $7.2mm.  Or, combine him with someone like RB and you can get to $18.7mm (Eric Gordon money).  You can get into the low 30's if you combine him with THJ.   

Cutting Willie doesn't seem realistic until after the TDL.  So, it seems they were contemplating some kind of deal given the fact they were working out Chriss before Omicron became a thing.

Nice thoughts.  We will see if anything happens.  I would be interested to see where they worked Chriss out.   A few weeks ago, Tyrell Terry had a post on instagram about being in LA.  It was the same time the Mavs were playing back to back against the Clippers.   I was curious if he was meeting with the Mavs too.   Probably reading too much into it.   BTW, Terry just signed a 10 day with the Grizzles.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Mavs sign F/C Marquese Chriss via hardship - by Chicagojk - 12-25-2021, 07:40 PM