Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: DAL signs Marquese Chriss (6'9", 7'0.25" WS) to two year deal
(12-22-2021, 01:22 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Which only proves the point that we severely overrate our own players, even in comparison to failed lottery picks like Chriss. That´s why I am so high on taking a chance on a guy like Bagley. We are talking about a knucklehead, but one that is 22 years old, barely 150 games into his NBA career, and his career averages of 15/8 already put him far ahead of our current PF/C rotation. He could easily develop into a Julius Randle down the road.

I look at the Kings roster, I´d point-blank tell them: Kleber+THJ for Bagley and you can literally choose from your players to make the salaries match.

We don´t care. And we really shouldn´t care, because they are either good high salary players or shitty expirers. Either works for us. Big Grin

Knucklehead...that's the whole point with Bagley.  See Willie Cauley Stein...the head makes all the difference.  

I'm fine with a fliyer on Bagley, but there's no way under God's green Earth that I'd give them THJ + Maxi for Bagley and trash...that's stupid, imho.  If Sacto wants Burke and a second round pick, sure or something like that...yeah.

I don't think "Chriss had a good game" = "Bagley can play", I would say that the more evidence would be this.

If "Nico & Kidd trade for Bagley", then "they think he might be an asset" ="with their evaluation of Pinson and Chriss, maybe we should trust that more."  
Opposite is true also...if they don't trade for him, then maybe we should trust that also.

Again, trading Maxi Kleber and THJ for Bagley and overpaid trash (for me) = Trust Mavs 2021's GM decisions less.  Wink
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Mavs sign F/C Marquese Chriss via hardship - by TXBamanut - 12-22-2021, 02:07 PM