Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: DAL signs Marquese Chriss (6'9", 7'0.25" WS) to two year deal
(12-22-2021, 08:53 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: And both of you would be wrong.  This is why we are fans and not front office people.  We literally wouldn't have won that game last night without Chriss' defense (believe it or not) against Towns.  I can't believe that I'm typing that quite honestly.

I don't think the answer "take a flyer" is way overused and on a team that's hemorrhaging like this, I'm not sure that's the plan.  You find someone to stop the bleeding and at least for one night, Pinson and Chriss did exactly what we needed them to do to win.

Which only proves the point that we severely overrate our own players, even in comparison to failed lottery picks like Chriss. That´s why I am so high on taking a chance on a guy like Bagley. We are talking about a knucklehead, but one that is 22 years old, barely 150 games into his NBA career, and his career averages of 15/8 already put him far ahead of our current PF/C rotation. He could easily develop into a Julius Randle down the road.

I look at the Kings roster, I´d point-blank tell them: Kleber+THJ for Bagley and you can literally choose from your players to make the salaries match.

We don´t care. And we really shouldn´t care, because they are either good high salary players or shitty expirers. Either works for us. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, Scott41theMavs, TXBamanut
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Mavs sign F/C Marquese Chriss via hardship - by Mavs2021 - 12-22-2021, 01:22 PM