Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: DAL signs Marquese Chriss (6'9", 7'0.25" WS) to two year deal
(12-22-2021, 09:18 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: More interesting question.
So far we are only talking about one game but if this turns into a trend it tells us a lot about the overall talent level of the roster. If g-league players can outperform Bullock and WCS without even having a single practice session with the team both are in trouble.

For me, I think Willie is gone.  He's just waiting for them to use his salary in a trade and to get bought out.  Seriously, I think he's done with basketball, until we Keith Van Horn his contract.  So, every article you read or rumor you hear is the Mavs are looking for help in the frontcourt, and it's no stretch to just watch them and see they need it.   I really wasn't joking that I think Pinson was a stop gap, but Chriss is an audition for Willie's spot.

I'm not worried about Bullock.  I've seen him play in the league enough to know that this is a slump...I'll wait him out until the off season or the TDL if he gets traded.

I don't really think that we can dump a large portion of our roster, raid the G League and be a better team...I really don't.  I think what this shows is that Nico and Kidd are doing their homework (and probably Finley, let's not forget him) on who they bring in.  We are not giving them enough credit for last night, I think.  If it was "any G Leaguer", then they probably would have called up Jones and Hunt, but this shows that they are paying attention to what they need, who they are playing for the next 10 days and made a good call for at least one game.  Feron Hunt isn't holding Big Kat to 1-4 shooting in the stretch and probably would be awestruck playing in the game if he was in last night.

My last night overreaction isn't "let's go get the G League", but it's more like they know more about scouting and talent than a lot of people think and while everyone misses on players, with their penchant for trying things and obvious work in scouting, we should get the roster upgrade that we've all been looking for...within reason.  I don't think Nico can turn Dwight Powell into Myles Turner.

I definitely think that Chriss can be a better Mavs Willie than Willie has shown to be, if last night is any indication.

I think Pinson and Chriss have some warts, and they'll probably show up with more minutes played, so I'm not going to freak out when they do something bad.  I play in bands sometimes, and when I just jump in and fill in at the last second, I often play/sing my best, even better than when I prepare...this could be one of those times for them.  Hopefully, it gives them some good momentum to start and they can move forward with it.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
[-] The following 1 user Likes TXBamanut's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Mavs sign F/C Marquese Chriss via hardship - by TXBamanut - 12-22-2021, 09:33 AM