Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: DAL signs Marquese Chriss (6'9", 7'0.25" WS) to two year deal
(12-22-2021, 08:53 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: And both of you would be wrong.  This is why we are fans and not front office people.  We literally wouldn't have won that game last night without Chriss' defense (believe it or not) against Towns.  I can't believe that I'm typing that quite honestly.

I think you are wrong to take a flyer on a team that's hemorraghing like this.  You find someone to stop the bleeding and at least for one night, Pinson and Chriss did exactly what we needed them to do to win.

Happy to admit that I was wrong. Both looked off in the sense that they obviously had no clue about the Mavs playbook and schemes (an area where more experienced players probably have an advantage) but they made up for it with high energy and exposed the limitations of some of the more proven starters. Pinson started strong but struggled in the 2nd half. Chriss had a few WCS/McGee-like moments (seems like the Mavs have a type) but as you pointed out his 4th quarter defense was crucial.

More interesting question.
So far we are only talking about one game but if this turns into a trend it tells us a lot about the overall talent level of the roster. If g-league players can outperform Bullock and WCS without even having a single practice session with the team both are in trouble.

Overall I just want them to focus on roster development. Even if it costs them a few games. Mavs desperately need a talent infusion. Even if it is a longshot hardship contracts are a chance to do that. Maybe one of the new guys sticks.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Mavs sign F/C Marquese Chriss via hardship - by dirkfansince1998 - 12-22-2021, 09:18 AM