Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Mavs sign G Theo Pinson (6'5", 6'10.75" WS) to Two-Way contract
I will be disappointed if Chriss is not kept.  I liked what i have seen so far.   Might as well give him an audition for the rest of the year.  This is not a knock on Moses, but if needed I would definitely have more confidence in Chriss over Moses in a playoff environment at this time.  I have been impressed with some of his passes.  Nothing extraordinary but there are flashes that he is more than just a rim runner.  

I can't imagine WCS, who has been absent for 6 weeks, is anything more than a salary filler.  The Mavs should know there may be a few guys who would work with X plus WCS, but that is probably very unrealistic.  Can't imagine that type of package is going to bring back much.  

Just keep Chriss and hope Dragic is bought out.    The rest of the year will be a good evaluation for the rest of the roster.

As far as Pinson goes, he has a real nice feel for the game and looks to be very engaged on the bench during games.  The question is can he hit the three consistently.    At his age, he probably isn't a two way candidate next year and I have trouble seeing him make the real roster.  The odds are against him.  But he looks like a fighter, so we would see.  It is really too bad Eugene got hurt.   These past few weeks would have been a golden opportunity for him.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, ballsrchr
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Mavs sign G Theo Pinson (6'5") to Two-Way contract - by Chicagojk - 01-08-2022, 05:59 PM