Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship"
(12-17-2021, 07:52 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: There is no question that the Mavs had one of the worst cultures in the league over the last ten years. TM refers to it as a Game of Thrones type atmosphere, with everyone trying to stab someone else in the back. 

They are trying for a cultural reset.

That was a great follow-up, REALLY appreciated that. Really helps the process of filling in a lot of blanks we have had for years as Mavs fans. I am especially struck by the above section. HOLY CRAP. But still....

1) ....it makes ALL the sense in the world with what we know.

2) ....it makes me more patient with the current state of things. The Mavs basically "blew up" their organization while keeping the roster mostly the same. No wonder there are so many growing pains right now. There are things so much deeper than "scheme" that are being rebuilt right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
I am going to say that, I don't think that this is really a good piece of Tim, but rather a "don't fire me and hire Tim Cato" type of piece. 
When did Tim ever broke any real story for the Mavs? 
The sexual harassments? No 
The 2nd harassments case? iirc wasn't him either. 
The disfunction in the organization? No.
KP trade? No
Luka draft deal? No. 
Only RC resigning, because Rick decided to gift it to him for whatever reason. 
Tim has been saying the same things on podcasts when everyone was talking about Volugaris and Tim Cato article, and now he decided to write it in form of article, and then he is going back to same podcasts to talk about it.

He was really never an insider, neither for the good or the bad stuff, and half of the article was basically connecting dots of well known incidents, speculations and then some "sources" that RC is an asshole. 
Just meh journalism for me, proper his podcast was with Biran Windhorst
[-] The following 1 user Likes khaled1987's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
It is what it is
Like Reply