Poll: How much do you like Dwight Powell?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
F**** that overpaid
38.78%
19 38.78%
Only love
24.49%
12 24.49%
Best player if all time
2.04%
1 2.04%
Pure Diamond
12.24%
6 12.24%
j0n!
22.45%
11 22.45%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Diamond Powell! All Things Dwight - Act V Broken Wings
I like Powell, I don't know why we needed to lock him up to an extension. I was totally fine with Powell on a 1 year deal or letting him walk if he opted out or trying to come up with a reasonable number had he opted out.

He is a good backup big. I like him and Maxi as a pairing. He is not a 30 mpg starter and I hope the Mavs understand that. Maxi is a better starter but I am not sure he is a 30 mpg starter either. It feels like to me we need 1 more guy. It could be a bona fide starter like an Adams type or more realistically it could be a Favors/Aminu/Iggy/Morris type to join our bigs committee. All 4 of those names are potential future additions. Favors/Morris/Iggy are on 1 year deals and so could be available sooner or later. Aminu is a guy you could get possible one way or another.

The goal then would be to have a token starter, like say Favors and then keep Maxi/Powell on the bench.

If you get Favors for MLE money then you could have:

KP (32mpg) + Favors (24 mpg)
Maxi (20 mpg) / Powell (20 mpg)

Salary-wise KP makes a lot (29m in 2020) but the other guys are MLE level which isn't bad at all.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diamond Powell! All Things Dwight - Redemption Arc - by StepBackJay - 11-07-2019, 02:10 PM