Poll: How much do you like Dwight Powell?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
F**** that overpaid
38.78%
19 38.78%
Only love
24.49%
12 24.49%
Best player if all time
2.04%
1 2.04%
Pure Diamond
12.24%
6 12.24%
j0n!
22.45%
11 22.45%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Diamond Powell! All Things Dwight - Act V Broken Wings
(11-08-2021, 03:11 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Powell is not a bad defender. He just isn't a rim protector, and is miscast in that role. Sometimes he is miscast by the team, but more often he is miscast in the imaginations of fans, in my experience.

Here is an example of what he does well on defense, and what slays me is that every team in the league is looking for guys who can do exactly this. While he's not the best defender of this sort in the sport, he's better than average, imo, and it's a fairly rare skill set. 

https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...46021?s=20

In my mind, he is a power forward on defense, and a center on offense.  That is a player that is generally difficult to fit into roster construction, but we have had the luxury of multiple stretch 5s (Maxi and KP) to pair him with.  I thought we were doomed after the TDL last season with only one legit center (Maxi).  Kidd and Powell did an impressive job maintaining mostly quality defense starting a power forward at center, but it fell apart in the playoffs.

This team needs a legit mobile starting center and I don't think we have that on the roster right now.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diamond Powell! All Things Dwight - Act V Broken Wings - by mvossman - 12-07-2022, 11:46 AM