Poll: How much do you like Dwight Powell?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
F**** that overpaid
38.78%
19 38.78%
Only love
24.49%
12 24.49%
Best player if all time
2.04%
1 2.04%
Pure Diamond
12.24%
6 12.24%
j0n!
22.45%
11 22.45%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Diamond Powell! All Things Dwight - Act V Broken Wings
Regardless of the preseason success that Powell has had, I think he pairs well with KP for the fact that he performs best away from the basket.

The first thing I think of when considering a running mate with KP is KPs need to be around the basket.  You don’t want to clog up the lane so I initially think someone who can space the floor by shooting 3s.  Powell presents another option in that he does the most damage setting screens, cutting to the basket, and crashing the boards - all which start by being away from the basket.  

Powell can help even more at times by initiating the offense with a high screen and rolling to the basket. As a person rolls to the basket and clears out after they roll they draw the attention of the defense who often shifts to them and with them as they run through and back out of the lane.  This clears the way for a second attack on a defense that is now out of position, namely feeding KP in the post.

If he can add a 3pt shot on top of this and provide the muscle that KP lacks, I’m happy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes soog's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diamond Powell! All Things Dwight - Act V Broken Wings - by soog - 10-17-2021, 07:35 PM