Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAVS 99, NETS 102
(12-08-2021, 02:05 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Brunson-Frank-Tim-Green-KP

It didn't work in this game, but I actually like the idea of this lineup quite a bit. Sucks it didn't come through in this instance.
Like Reply
This rule is really awful. Can anyone please explain why was Maxi And-1 not regular while Aldridge one was? Aldridge one is his third basket in the compilation below.

Mavs Film Room ?? on Twitter: "In hindsight, this play might’ve been the turning point of the game. Instead of a chance to complete the and-1 and go up 14, foul called on the floor, & Maxi goes to the line for two FTs and misses both. BKN opens 4Q with a 10-2 run & Mavs eventually lose by 3. Bad rule. https://t.co/1eDa58TDLu" / Twitter

Video and Shotcharts | Stats | NBA.com
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 02:27 PM)fifteenth Wrote: They've seen enough and Nico wants in the lottery!

Lottery talk would give everyone something to look forward to and take are minds off all the bad shooting.  Since the team does not have the assets to make trades.

Tankathon currently list the Mavs at 15th and taking Duke's © Mark Williams.

But heck, I know we are both joking around...

Wink
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 01:24 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I still cannot believe they traded Seth away.

Donnie had some doozies.

Maybe this is why Donnie left the room on draft night and was not available when the Mavs picked at 18?  He was pissed Bob and Mark traded Curry?  Would love to know more about why Donnie is being reported not being in the room for their pick.
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 08:48 AM)Hypermav Wrote: It is the new ball, right Cuban?

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/146865...21163?s=21

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/146865...08039?s=21

Lol
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 02:40 PM)chaparral Wrote: But heck, I know we are both joking around...

Wink

yeah...sure....joking

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 02:35 PM)omahen Wrote: This rule is really awful. Can anyone please explain why was Maxi And-1 not regular while Aldridge one was? Aldridge one is his third basket in the compilation below.

Mavs Film Room ?? on Twitter: "In hindsight, this play might’ve been the turning point of the game. Instead of a chance to complete the and-1 and go up 14, foul called on the floor, & Maxi goes to the line for two FTs and misses both. BKN opens 4Q with a 10-2 run & Mavs eventually lose by 3. Bad rule. https://t.co/1eDa58TDLu" / Twitter

Video and Shotcharts | Stats | NBA.com

This is the 2nd time this season the ref's do this to the Mavs.  I recall a play to WCS earlier this year it happened. 

I think the league (conspiracy) has told the Ref's - no and ones for Luka and the Mavs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chaparral's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 02:47 PM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/146865...21163?s=21

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/146865...08039?s=21

Lol

Nico! Your boss is making excuses!! He used to do this before you got here, too!!! Can you tell him to stop!!!!

(12-08-2021, 02:50 PM)chaparral Wrote: This is the 2nd time this season the ref's do this to the Mavs.  I recall a play to WCS earlier this year it happened. 

I think the league (conspiracy) has told the Ref's - no and ones for Luka and the Mavs.

I've seen continuation allowed where the basket took place like 10 seconds after the contact!
Like Reply
Thumbs Up 
(12-08-2021, 02:51 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Nico! Your boss is making excuses!! He used to do this before you got here, too!!! Can you tell him to stop!!!!

The above is too good to combine with another post.
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 02:35 PM)omahen Wrote: This rule is really awful. Can anyone please explain why was Maxi And-1 not regular while Aldridge one was?

So with the Maxi one the refs see Maxi grabbed and fouled before Maxi gets to the ball for the tip in.

With the Aldridge one the refs see Aldridge being undercut while he is making the tip in. 

I see why they called both the way they did....if one was wrong it was the Aldridge one because you could argue he was fouled before he was making the tip. But Maxi was 100% fouled before he got the ball.
Like Reply
Honest question. Can anyone think of anything good that could come from Mark Cuban defending the Mavs on Twitter?
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 02:05 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: A turning point in this game --

Mavs closed the third quarter up 11.

Then, Kidd starts the fourth with this horrible lineup -- Brunson-Frank-Tim-Green-KP. This is against a Nets unit with both Harden and KD on the floor. Two and a half minutes later, the Mavs have surrendered 8 points of their 11-point lead. They never recovered. 

I still don't know what the thinking was on this.

What´s horrible about it? Three of our five best players, three of our four best scorers, plus two defenders. I assume Luka and Dorian played the full 3rd quarter again, so....
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 03:54 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Honest question. Can anyone think of anything good that could come from Mark Cuban defending the Mavs on Twitter?

I think he's mostly right about the ball.  I think he tends to make a lot of good points about the NBA in general.  I think he's a complete liability as an owner and should have removed himself from basketball operations a long time ago.  His hands-on approach to the basketball side of the house is as disastrous as his hand-off to the business side.  I don't think there is anything he could post on Twitter to absolve himself of this mess.

And speaking of Mark making good points and officiating, he's often correct about officiating issues but he lacks a gentle touch and I'm sure officials and crews take note.  Luka also does himself zero favors with his constant complaining.  And that viral clip of him saying "the refs are bad", yeah they have Twitter too.
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 03:56 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: What´s horrible about it? Three of our five best players, three of our four best scorers, plus two defenders. I assume Luka and Dorian played the full 3rd quarter again, so....

Were you unable to watch it? It was not a pretty sight. I even made a game note of it at the time, before we knew how it was going to turn out. 

I get the lineup on paper, in a vacuum. But I don't know why you would ever even think about using it in these circumstances. Throwing Josh Green, who has hardly had any meaningful minutes in the NBA, on James Harden, at the same time that you're pitting Tim Hardaway against Kevin Durant? Along with an undersized Jalen Brunson and an inexperienced Frank Ntilikina? In a lineup that never plays together, and has two players who don't play much, period? In the fourth quarter, against a great team, including two of the league's most potent assassins?

These guys just weren't up to it. Harden and Durant made mincemeat of these poor guys, scoring on them like they weren't there. This unit gave up an offensive rebound, two threes, a layup, and a pull-up in 2.5 minutes. The Nets scored on 4 of 5 possessions. The Mavs on one. I think it was foreseeable. Dorian did play the whole third quarter, but Luka didn't. It was the last couple of minutes of his rest period. 

The only things I can think of are (1) maybe Kidd wasn't expecting Durant to be out there (it's not his usual rotation) and didn't notice until it was too late, and/or (2) the Mavs had an 11-point lead going in, and he (wrongly) thought this jerry-rigged unit could hold the fort for a few minutes, or even if they didn't, the regular Mavs could recover. 

I don't want to pile on here, but I am looking for things we can explain (as opposed to the seemingly inexplicably bad three-point shooting). I think this Nets run, from which the team never recovered, was down to a poor coaching choice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mavsluvr's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 03:54 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Can anyone think of anything good that could come from Mark Cuban defending the Mavs on Twitter?

Funny memes of Cuban making excuses?
[-] The following 2 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • fifteenth, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 02:45 PM)chaparral Wrote: Maybe this is why Donnie left the room on draft night and was not available when the Mavs picked at 18?  He was pissed Bob and Mark traded Curry?  Would love to know more about why Donnie is being reported not being in the room for their pick.

Harlabob has been pretty adamant that he had nothing to do with the Seth trade. Going so far as to say he was the reason why they prioritized signing Seth in the first place. He never mentioned who was the main guy behind trading Seth. 

He did allude to Donnie not being in the draft room because he thought Donnie became largely disinterested in his job after Harlabob's rise in Cuban's rankings and his new found power/presence. I think Donnie was telling Mark "well if you want your shiny new toy to have all the power then fine I'll take my toys and go home and see how he does." To which Harlabob only learned of that a few minutes before the Mavs were on the clock.

All of this is hearsay though straight from a guy who has an active interest in playing himself up to be a good guy.  What we do know is that the Mavs front office has been plagued by petty office politics and ran by guys who are unfit/unqualified to be there. 

I am so frustrated with this team.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply