Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 0.0 pt RAPTOR & 1.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
70.00%
7 70.00%
Nets
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 23: BRK (17-7) @ DAL (11-12) | 99-102 loss | 2-8 in last 10
(12-07-2021, 09:57 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: 0 for 13 from your supposedly two best open three point shooters.

Just mind boggling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
What was the plan on the last possession. Luka, THJ and three bigs? Iso three and go for the offensive rebound?
They actually got the ball back after the first miss but I think 29/30 coaches draw up a play and have the max amount of shooters on the floor. Not Powell or Maxi (slow release). Where was Brunson?
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 09:52 PM)DrMav Wrote: Lol corrupt officiating with that foul overturn

It sucks but totally the right call.
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 09:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This time I agree with you here. The defense was good enough to win this game. The office was not.

I also think the offensive sphincter closed a little too tight in the fourth, but the big story is all those open looks getting bricked.

I think it has been mental for a few years.  I really hoped we would change our late game offense.   It is tough to score late.    But good/great teams do it consistently.   The glory Mavs teams could play their C game and with 6 minutes left just execute and take advantage of younger, less mature teams and get wins.
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 09:58 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: What was the plan on the last possession. Luka, THJ and three bigs? Iso three and go for the offensive rebound?
They actually got the ball back after the first miss but I think 29/30 coaches draw up a play and have the max amount of shooters on the floor. Not Powell or Maxi (slow release). Where was Brunson?

Seem so. Luka shot it early for a reason. Kidd didn't trust him to make it, honestly.
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 09:58 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: What was the plan on the last possession. Luka, THJ and three bigs? Iso three and go for the offensive rebound?

I was really surprised Powell was in.  Maybe for screening???  I was expecting them not to even guard him.  Although considering how everyone else was shooting, maybe Powell should have shot a three.
Like Reply
Nets defended the hell out of them from 3 on that last possession. THJ had a good look though.
Like Reply
Why bench DFS and play Powell on the last possession? He was the only one making threes tonight.
Honestly, a lot of you guys blame Luka, shooting, defense but for me all this is coaching.
Personally I blame Kidd.
Like Reply
Wow...Barkley "I hate to see Dallas wasting this kid's career (on Luka)"  "there no good"  "you Can't be mediocre"

Ouch
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Why was Seth Curry not in the final play???
Oh wait... Sad
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 10:01 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: Why bench DFS and play Powell on the last possession? He was the only one making threes tonight.
Honestly, a lot of you guys blame Luka, shooting, defense but for me all this is coaching.
Personally I blame Kidd.

Kidd bears some responsibility, no question. But putting 9-46 shooting on threes onto him is not fair IMO.
Like Reply
This might be the most frustrating loss of the season.

First, Luka has to stop. Seriously. As soon as he pushed Claxton in the 3rd, the Nets made their run. The team was rattled. Luka was taken out of the game. He kept arguing with officials for 4 (!!!!!) more minutes up and down the court and even through the timeout. 

Second: I have so much disgust with how this offense is ran. It's so predictable. 46 threes. 9 made. What kind of neanderthal of a coach thinks this is a good strategy? It's so concerning that if THJ and Bullock can't hit a three then they're useless. Add DFS and Brown to that as well. What ever happened to just driving the fucking basketball to the hoop? 

Third: Brunson got swallowed up whole this game and played 25 uninspiring minutes. His defense was some of the worst I've seen, and I'm so curious why Kidd never went back to Frank. I am so ready to trade Brunson. He got played off the floor tonight like it was a flashback of the playoffs.

Finally, Luka made some terrible choices in the last 2 minutes. I have no idea why he thinks going to Dorian, Reggie, and Timmy over and over again in crunch time was a smart strategy. It's like he wasn't even thinking out there and just trying to make the best pass. But what good does the correct pass do if it's to the wrong person? 

I'm sick to my stomach. This team is uninspired.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, BolsDamols, HoosierDaddyKid, Kammrath
Like Reply
Why shoot 3s though? 

Oh yes, I forgot, because...

THJ and Bullock supposedly are the snipers the Mavs paid them out to be.
Nobody can get to the rim on their own, except for Brunson, Frankie and Luka

..And Luka can't even finish all the way to the rim now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 10:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: 46 threes. 9 made
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 10:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: But putting 9-46 shooting on threes onto him is not fair IMO.

Not tonight, no. I thought the offense functioned really effectively through the first 3 quarters and the resulting shooters just didn’t hold up their end.
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 10:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Third: Brunson got swallowed up whole this game and played 25 uninspiring minutes. His defense was some of the worst I've seen, and I'm so curious why Kidd never went back to Frank. I am so ready to trade Brunson. He got played off the floor tonight like it was a flashback of the playoffs.

During this 2-8 slide JB is -11.8 on/off. His huge drop in play coincides with the record slipping. JB played REALLY well when the Mavs went 9-4. JB has not been good and the Mavs have gone 2-8. NOTE: I am not saying it is all JB's fault, but his play slipping has had a big impact.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
They're on the wrong side of 500 now, and go to Memphis tomorrow.
Like Reply
I hope there’s a trade brewing soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tunesquad23's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 10:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Finally, Luka made some terrible choices in the last 2 minutes. I have no idea why he thinks going to Dorian, Reggie, and Timmy over and over again in crunch time was a smart strategy. It's like he wasn't even thinking out there and just trying to make the best pass. But what good does the correct pass do if it's to the wrong person? 

Because Luka can't get pass his defender with relative ease. His going to the rim is well-read and would be prone to blocks by opposing help-defending bigs. If he can't get a shot on time because his foot speed has failed him, his only resort is to pass. 

And the guys who are supposed to make shots can't make them.

This is partly on Luka and partly on the shooters surrounding him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 10:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Kidd bears some responsibility, no question. But putting 9-46 shooting on threes onto him is not fair IMO.

I agree, but this is small picture. Maybe we could shoot 50% today and win. Doesnt change the big picture, that we suck on both ends night in and out. Even if shooting improves (which I expect), I dont see us getting high in the stands.
We suck, I mean Nets played as much as they have to, and got away with win. In playoff setting we dont win a game like this, even if we shoot 40 from 3. My opinion.
You can look for bright spots, but we dont have any offense without Luka and defense is atrocious. Everyone bar DFS gets beat one on one, then its 4 on 5 and they start to run around like headless chicken.
Like Reply