Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players
1. Kleber. The third Dirk. I was worried if the level of defense he played last year would carry over with the new bigger contract. So far it has and the early returns on his shooting this season are promising. The closest thing to a legit borderline starter in this group. 

2. Wright. Early returns are promising, does several things relatively well and has been pretty efficient so far. Would like him to be a little more aggressive on offense but that might cost him efficiency

3. Curry. We need to do a better job of getting him the ball. He's showed he can be a scorer here before so I think it will come around

4. Boban. He's dynamite when he's in, just can't play too many minutes because of his frame and stamina

5. Powell. Unlike Maxi he did regress a bit with the new contract, I'll still cut him some slack because of the injury that cost him preseason, for now...

6. Hardaway. Shooting the lowest percentage from the field on the team but he is our third leading scorer and there is value to him being the most willing of these guys to take shots. Taking over 6 3s a game and draining over 35% of them

7. Jackson. Not getting many minutes but I'm seeing some flashes from him that make me think that's going to change soon. Could move up this list if/when that happens

8. Finney Smith. I think seniority and familiarity with Luka are why he's getting so many minutes. In a vacuum though pretty unremarkable, and his shot doesn't look to have improved

9. Brunson. If DSJ was still on the team he would be getting crucified for putting up the efficiency numbers Jalen is putting up right now

10. Lee. The guy is totally washed

Not going to rank Barea or Bro because of the tiny amount of minutes but they're probably both at least above Lee if they got minutes
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players - by MrGoat - 11-11-2019, 07:45 PM