Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players
(12-21-2019, 09:27 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: I wonder what to make of RFA bumping JJr vs the Sixers. I tend to think Carlisle played the accountant because the Mavs were running a lot of zone. But who knows. Love RFA's shooting.

Will be interesting to see if RFA gets more playing time against the Raptors.

Unfortunately, JJr continued his recent slide, earning a DNP-CD. I haven't been super impressed with his body language in quite a while. Remember, this is a young player who was a top pick. Maybe he thinks he ought to have a larger role. Certainly, the role Carlisle carved out for him - limited minutes, mostly small-ball four - is new to him. I hope he can turn it around and at least re-establish some trade value for the future.

DRPM and the eye test both say that Justin is the team's worst defender in terms both of physical ability and BBIQ, and his outside shot isn't falling. Bench guys like that don't get to play. The most frustrating thing is that he was our most tradeable player of value, and now his trade value has sunk to nada. At least he'll be cheap when his contract's up if we want him back.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players - by Scott41theMavs - 12-21-2019, 01:08 PM