Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players
(12-16-2019, 03:45 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: @"Scott41theMavs" Hard to debate your point and I might just as well swap them on this list. But I think you're undervaluing Powell. This is a high character guy who will will give you 28 quality minutes as a starting center in the NBA. He's not a shot blocker or flashy steals guy, but he's a solid team defender. Remember, it's not 1990 anymore. 1v1 defense basically doesn't exist anymore. Good defenders need to play in a team concept, they cover the PnR, they make the right reads and rotations, they know their assignments. Powell does all of those things well.

You could put the best BBIQ in the world in my head and it still wouldn't make me capable of playing pro basketball. While I exaggerate, and while I appreciate and respect your observations on Powell's switching/responsibility intelligence (he went to Stanford, after all!), the eye says hundreds of times over that he is physically incapable of stopping any wing of average or better NBA strength nor any big of below-average or better NBA strength , which kind of freaks me out given how ripped DP is.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players - by Scott41theMavs - 12-16-2019, 03:51 PM