Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's what the team would look like....
(12-06-2021, 05:08 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Obviously your reading comprehension is off.  I never said simply keep KP.  I said specifically in response to a debate in the off-season why we should not have traded KP in last off season.  98 keeps trying to move the argument, because he can't defend his position which was blow it up right now and get rid of KP -- of course, I am guessing at that because he chose to argue against my premise and for the position that we should have traded KP last off-season...since that's the opposite of my premise.)

Big difference in what you said.

You made baseless claims about the Mavs performance without KP. I countered with objective numbers. You told me why those numbers don´t matter.
You are right. I cannot defend or attack any of your takes because there is no way to prove/disprove them.  Seems to be the new reality on social media or community boards. Present a feeling/opinion as fact. Ignore the evidence. Take a victory lab. Brilliant. That´s what leads to high quality discussions.

To clarify my position. The Mavs should have traded KP at the deadline last season. Should have traded him in the offseason. Should trade him right now. At this point I don´t think it will happen but just like @"bodhisattva" said. Mavs are three years into this mess. Waiting for him to recover from injuries or to recover some of his value. I guess we can wait for his contract to expire. That might be the best value he will ever have. Expiring max in february 2024.
Or is there some point before that date where you would be willing to part ways with KP even if his value stays as low as it is right now (probably negative). How much longer are the Mavs supposed to wait for him to recover his value? He could always have more value in the future. He could also have less. That´s another baseless prediciton.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • bodhisattva
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here's what the team would look like.... - by dirkfansince1998 - 12-06-2021, 05:48 PM