Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's what the team would look like....
(12-06-2021, 05:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is objectively true, and doesn't depend in any way on the outcome our two year war over whether KP can even be a winning player when healthy.

I gave up on that idea. I mean you can consider him a winning player. He can put up 30/10. The problem is he will do this one game and not play next. In this case i would rather have Wood/Holmes/Portis putting up 10/10 every night. For me this debate is finished.
(12-06-2021, 05:08 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Obviously your reading comprehension is off.  I never said simply keep KP.  I said specifically in response to a debate in the off-season why we should not have traded KP in last off season.  98 keeps trying to move the argument, because he can't defend his position which was blow it up right now and get rid of KP -- of course, I am guessing at that because he chose to argue against my premise and for the position that we should have traded KP last off-season...since that's the opposite of my premise.)

Big difference in what you said.

My apologies, it wasnt meant as an attack, just debating. We all support the same team here.
Since you clarified, I would add that I still disagree with your opinion. I dont think KPs value changed that much. Best chance to trade him was about a year ago, when Collins was unhappy in Atlanta. I feel that would be a robbery if there really was any chance there...But even I was on keep KP bus at that time, so even I would have not traded him then, so cant really be a smart ass about it now.
Point is....you are arguing that by playing him we will increase trade value and trade him for let say Wood and Gordon? I think most of us would be happy with trade.
See i believe that ship is long sailed, and his value is way less than that and will never be that high, at least on this contract. And situation has been like that at the end of last season,has not and will not change. It has nothing to do with his play, or stats but the fact that he cant play 50% of the time.
Only way I can see this changing is if he suddenly starts playing regular games and putting up all star numbers.
Do any of you see this happening based on the last 2 years? I dont.
Basically the sooner he goes, the sooner Mavs can "rebuild". I am not saying give him away for free, but whoever expects CJ McCollum in return is crazy in my book.
[-] The following 2 users Like bodhisattva's post:
  • KillerLeft, TXBamanut
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here's what the team would look like.... - by bodhisattva - 12-06-2021, 05:31 PM