Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's what the team would look like....
I keep wondering how you think Davis Bertans and Thomas Bryant and late 1st or 2nd, if they could get that in the off season, makes the Mavs better?

It's pretty simple actually. It's a safe bet that the Mavs could have gotten several of the players you mentioned in the last off season without trading KP, who was at an all time low in trade value... And it's easy to see when you run Luka in the ground because he's your only option.

You say "they've never fallen apart without KP"... Besides the fact that everyone thought with KP they were going to beat the Clippers in the playoffs the first year and they lost when he got hurt and the last playoffs with him hurt and playing decoy that they couldn't beat them, you trading for a bunch of guys that you hope will outplay their rep (because why would ANYONE trade anyone of current value for KP if he's as terrible a you say and where his value was last off season.... Which IS this whole conversation...) How this would have gone down last off season and how the Mavs would look now, which is current and valid, no matter how you try to drag my original comment into some stratosphere that you think it appears more successful.

No one says the front office didn't make roster construction failures, that's a given, but the point is just freaking out and doing another unwise move, just to make a move, is ridiculous and won't make it better.

That Grizz game is where you would be right now, and instead of what we look like when KP and Luka are out, that's what it would look like when Luka was hurt and no one you could have gotten last off season would make a difference there.  I also don't think it would bode well for Luka staying through it.  To me, it was asinine to not keep KP and try to get his value up for any hope.  That's my opinion.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here's what the team would look like.... - by TXBamanut - 12-06-2021, 02:19 PM