Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's what the team would look like....
(12-06-2021, 12:43 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I have always felt that this type of an argument is a bit incomplete. 

Can the Mavs win a lot of games without Luka and only KP?  Can the Mavs win a lot of games without KP and only Luka?  Yes to both but IF only we replace one of them with at least a somewhat comparable player. The Bulls almost won a title without MJ. That is because they added Kukoc, another terrific player. 

The real question is can you win a title without one of Luka or KP even if you replace one of them with a very good player?  The answr there IMO is you can without KP but not without Luka.  KP is not a transcendent talent. His only shot that I have relative confidence of going in is a logo 3 pt shot. On the defensive end he blows hot and cold.  So overall he is a one dimensional offensive player whose one dimension is a playground shot, while he cannot be counted on defense night in/ night out.  He is athletic for his height and can get some rim rockers on nights that he plays hard and on those nights he is a tough cover for defenses. However overall I would only put him as an above average NBA player if his defense is lagging.

But Kukoc was a far better player than Porzingis will ever be.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here's what the team would look like.... - by Mavs2021 - 12-06-2021, 01:18 PM