Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's what the team would look like....
(12-05-2021, 11:54 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: And like I said, had you blown it up in the off season, selling off KP for peanuts, then you'd better enjoy the Memphis game because that's what you'll be looking at for a few years.... With no guarantees of ever being better and then your star is gone

I agree with this. Realistically, the only way forward to remain competive is for Mavs to keep KP and hope he will be healthy for playoffs. I think dropping rest of dead weight of this roster (Powell mainly, but also WCS, Burke, Green) for a good starter like Grant would make Mavs actually competitive. Then you start working on the edges. I think Mavs have the assets ammo to pull it off at TDL. But there are of course 29 other teams competing for same players. Lets look if Mavs can come out winners for once. Assets even increase in 2022 draft. 

Trading KP for rotation players or expiring contracts doesn't solve Mavs problems imho. They don't have assets or cap space for a trully great player, so it would be Luka and a bunch of role players. I don't think that is nearly enough. There is no star available in 2022 anyway.

I think the biggest problem Mavs have is that no one is taking them seriously. Most of the league rankings have them around 15-20. Image of the organization around the league is not really competent. So how do you convince good players it is worth coming to Mavs? It is a player driven league and even if you are trading for a (good) player, without him buying in the opportunity it is imho difficult to have trade done.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here's what the team would look like.... - by omahen - 12-06-2021, 03:10 AM