Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's what the team would look like....
(12-05-2021, 07:50 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: The entire offseason felt like a Mavs special. Messed up and landed themself in a difficult situation. Not willing to admit that they messed up. Continued with the same approach. Sold it as the only possible solution.
KP has no trade value. We cannot move him. They couldn´t afford to lose any talent and resigned THJ. Made some minor changes and sold Bullock and Brown as the big gets. Rinse and repeat. Same story every single offseason. Time for a clean cut. Stop trying to build something on a shaky/broken foundation. Minor cosmetics cannot fix this mess.

I totally agree this team is not good enough. I don't agree Mavs don't have the means to improve it. The obstacle is the competence of the front office. Until this changes, no rebuild is going to solve anything, because you have to have the people to make smart moves for a successful rebuild too. 

Plenty of examples of smart front offices making a drastic change in a couple of months. Chicago is one example, Phoenix before them, GSW. 

Mavs owe only one FRP, all the rest can be tradeable. They have a couple of expiring contracts (Kleber is not guaranteed after this season, Powell is partially guaranteed, Bullock has only one year left). DFS or Brunson could fetch a FRP from someone. But they have to be creative. Something, they didn't show in the past. Limitations exist only in our heads. A good starter costs a young player and a FRP (see Gordon, Morris and similar). A fringe all star costs young player and 2 FRP (see Vucevic). I think Mavs have the assets for the likes of Wood or Grant. RoCo or Nurkic if Portland goes into firesale. Hayward might become available. 

But as I said in another thread these days, Mavs need to convince someone who is likely to get on the trade market that he wants to come to Dallas.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here's what the team would look like.... - by omahen - 12-05-2021, 08:25 PM