Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's what the team would look like....
(12-05-2021, 07:21 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I don't think it's that bold of a statement at all.  Bertans and Thomas Bryant was one package...you think that changes anything?  They had capspace, and if you want someone to sign, they aren't coming here for an even worse team?  We've been banking on cap space and free agents for 10 years...and we've gotten "Chandler Parsons"...yay...........

As far as KP, there was way less buzz about his ability in the off season than there is now, both internally and externally...that's obvious.

They could have added Ball (depends on the tampering thing strongly here more than cap space or KP) and/or Derozan and/or Caruso AND had KP and THJ or just KP this last off-season, so that's kind of a red herring there...since that scenario existed and they could have.

Just like you did. There is an infinite amount of potential offseason scenarios. Some of them obviously more likely than others. You chose to focus on the "negative" ones.
You don´t want to blow it up. I do. Actually think that refusing to make the necessary changes is the biggest problem right now. I agree that just talking about KPs value the situation is probably a little bit better right now but that´s not the only thing that matters. We spent hours talking about the last opportunity to make big roster changes before Luka signs his extension.
The Mavs had one last opportunity to make some roster changes in free agency. Ignoring a trade that frees up capspace and probably costs assets the Mavs are out of options.

I don´t see a scenario where the current approach with the current roster leads to more than a 1st or 2nd round exit. I don´t see a realistic way to add the necessary talent in a trade. Mavs are trapped. The quicker they blow it up. The quicker the rebuild might lead to better results.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here's what the team would look like.... - by dirkfansince1998 - 12-05-2021, 07:41 PM